Table of contents
Water retention is among those common problems that can catch you off guard at any time. It makes you feel sick and uncomfortable. Due to water retention, your hands, and your feet are swollen. Our body constitutes 70% of water, when the amount of water surpasses the required amount, the body swells up. Thus, it causes water retention or edema. There are various reasons for water retention, but common factors include unhealthy lifestyle, malnutrition, and obesity. If not taken care of, water retention can become hazardous. In this article we will see is really apple cider vinegar for water retention works for us?
There are various home remedies to cure water retention. It includes an increase in the intake of vitamin B6 and magnesium. Further, eating saltier, potassium-rich food, and the dandelion herb also help in curing it. The National Center For Complementary And Integrative Health (NCCIH) researched that dandelion is considered a safe portion of nutrition. Despite it is not scientifically proven that it is safe for remedial use or treatment. Some may be prone to allergies. All these remedies are effective in treating water retention. As well as, they can easily be achieved by the use of Apple cider vinegar which is the best remedy. It is also rich in potassium. Not only this it also helps in bringing down sodium content which is the main cause of water retention.
What is Water Retention?
Water retention, also known as edema, occurs when any of the body’s mechanisms failed to maintain the level of fluid in the body. It is the buildup of fluids in the body.
The human body is a complex system. It has many sub-systems, for instance, the circulatory system, the lymphatic system, the urinary system, and the cardiovascular system. They all have an important part in maintaining body fluid levels. If a problem arises in any one system, the fluid level increases causing water retention.
Other causes of water retention are,
- Physical inactivity and obesity,
- Infection and Allergies
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) and hormonal unbalance
- Flying in plane
- Prolong standing or sitting position
- Intake of excess sodium
- Deep Vein Thrombosis(DVT) and
- Delicate heart
Water retention affects different areas. Basically, symptoms depend upon the areas it has affected. But hands, limbs, feet, abdomen, and chest are commonly affected areas and their symptoms include,
- Puffiness and swelling of hands and feet,
- Color changing,
- Pain and tenderness of the affected body parts,
- Joints become stiff
- The gain in weight,
One can prevent water retention and reduce it in the following ways,
- A lifestyle that is healthy reduces water retention,
- An increase in the nutritious food intake can prevent it to a greater extent,
- Further, exercising daily and managing your weight,
- Also, avoid standing or sitting for a long time,
- Extreme temperatures can also cause water retention. Hence, try avoiding it,
- Finally, the use of support stockings can reduce it.
What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
This vinegar is prepared through the fermentation process of apple. Due to which it is of pale amber color.
Firstly, the apple juice is extracted by crushing them. Then yeast and bacteria are added for eliciting the fermentation process. Then the fermentation process begins. It has two stages. In the first stage, sugar is turned into alcohol. Then, in the second stage, alcohol is turned into various acids. The sharp and sour taste is because of malic acid and acetic acid.
Is Apple Cider Vinegar Helpful for Water Retention?
Apple Cider Vinegar, for water retention cure, is very helpful because of its high potassium content. In addition, the level of sodium content, which causes water retention, can easily be brought down by the intake of Apple Cider Vinegar. One can have it in warm water in the early morning before breakfast or during the night before hitting the bed.
How to Consume Apple Cider Vinegar for Water Retention?
It is strictly prohibited to consume it directly into the mouth. It is firstly diluted in the water before intake because of its high acidic nature. To use it first, add one tablespoon of ACV to one liter of pure water. Then add one to two tablespoons of honey for taste. Finally, shake it well. The mixture is now ready to use and heal.
Other Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
People for ages have used Apple cider vinegar as a popular and effective. The active ingredient in apple cider vinegar is acetic acid which makes it fruitful for health. The benefits of ACV are,
- It is great for disinfectant purposes and a natural preservative for your foods.
- For diabetic patients, it helps in lowering their sugar levels.
- Furthermore, it helps in reducing cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Drinking ACV mixture daily creates a feeling of fullness and results in fewer eating. As a result, it becomes a great aid in weight loss.
- There are also many anti-microbial inside it. They help in preventing infections. As well as improve the skin barrier.
To sum up, water retention is an important issue and it must not be ignored. Apple Cider Vinegar is the best home remedy for curing water retention. Besides, it also gives you plenty of benefits. Hence, one must drink it twice a day to prevent water retention. In case, if things get serious and are not coming under control by the use of this remedy consult the doctor immediately.