Sweating is the body’s natural regulatory mechanism that helps maintain salt and fluid balance in the body. But if this regulatory mechanism gets disturbed due to any reason, it causes Hyperhydrosis.
Hyperhydrosis is an abnormally increased sweating or excessive sweating that is not generally related to exertion and heat exposure.
Benefits Of Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil is a rich source of Saturated Fatty acids and Vit E.
- Vit E is a natural antioxidant.
- Lauric acid clogs open pores and thus control Excessive Sweating.
- Palmitic acid is a natural cleansing and soothing agent.
- Capric acid is a natural skin-replenishing agent and resists moisture loss through the surface of the skin.
- Furthermore, Caprylic acid has antimicrobial properties. It prevents skin diseases such as scabies, psoriasis, eczema, and other infectious diseases from hyperhidrosis.
- Steric acid is an emollient and prevents the skin from excessive water loss.
- Myristic acid is a moisturizing and cleansing agent.
- Linoleic acid is also a natural moisturizing agent. It locks moisture into the skin and acts as a gatekeeper for the external agents to keep them away from the skin.
- Oleic acid bears moisturizing characteristics.
- Coconut Oil is a unique antimicrobial, antibacterial, and anti-fungal solution. According to the American Heart Association, Coconut Oil is widely prescribed for several skin diseases and an antiperspirant.
- Its soothing smell makes it a natural deodorant.
- Coconut Oil’s pleasant odour induces seduction, relieves anxiety, stress, and depression.
- Head massage with Coconut Oil clears away acute and chronic dandruff.
- Coconut Oil is a natural cure for ringworm and athlete’s foot.
- Coconut Oil promotes exfoliation. For this reason, it is the best essential oil to be used in DIY homemade scrubs.
- Coconut Oil improves muscular strength and endurance and boosts the energy level.
- Coconut Oil also fastens the body’s metabolism.
- Studies have shown that Coconut Oil raises the blood level of high-density lipoproteins (HDL), which is good to reduce the rate of:
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Lowers blood sugar level and thus controls Diabetes Mellitus.
- Parkinson’s disease
- Alzheimer’s disease, and
- Finally, Coconut Oil aids the gastrointestinal tract and, therefore, improves digestion and boosts the Liver and Gall bladder’s function.
Role Of Coconut Oil In Weight Loss
Coconut Oil is well known for reducing the body’s fatty mass. It contains medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), also known as saturated fatty acids, the building blocks to facilitate weight loss. But these MCTs of Coconut Oil should never be confused with the other oil’s MCTs and thus don’t correlate the health benefits. Mainly, Capric acid is the one that decreases the heart rate by improving the thyroid gland’s functional capacity, which in turn facilitates lipolysis. Coconut Oil also reduces appetite.
Researchers regarding Coconut Oil’s role in weight loss are rare. But the majority of the existing studies have shown that Coconut Oil doesn’t only lower the food cravings but also stimulates the fat break down and thus results in losing weight.
Use Of Coconut Oil For Sweating
Coconut oil can be used along with the following combinations to prevent excessive sweating.
1. Coconut Oil And Baking Soda
Take one tbs Coconut Oil and 1/2 tbs Baking Soda. Mix it and apply it over the areas that are prone to excessive sweating. Leave Coconut Oil to absorb and Baking Soda to dry. Then wash out with tap water. Do it once daily.
2. Coconut Oil And Sage Leaves
Take a handful quantity of sage leaves and 1 cup of Coconut Oil. Now, put both the ingredients on flame and wait until boil. Chill the solution and pour it into the spray bottle. Sprinkle over the desired areas and leave until absorbed into the skin. Do it at least thrice weekly.
3. Coconut Oil And Mulberry Leaves
Heat Coconut Oil and steep a handful quantity of Mulberry leaves into it until it is soaked completely. Pour the oil and apply it to the desired areas with a cotton ball. Wait for 30 minutes. Then wash away with tap water and dry the areas 2-3 times a week.
4. Coconut Oil And Witch Hazel Leaves
Mesh the Witch Hazel Leaves and make it a powder form. Add Witch Hazel Powder into Coconut Oil. Stir well and apply on to face, neck, underarms, groin, popliteal fossa, and other sweat prone areas. Leave it until absorb. Don’t need to wash it off. Use 2-3 times a week.
5. Coconut Oil And Topical Hydrolyzed Collagen
Prepare a mixture of both the ingredients and apply it to the needed skin areas. Leave for about 30-40 minutes Then remove with the regular tap water. Do it 2-3 times a week.
Coconut Oil As Deodorant
The fact is that Coconut Oil reduces sweating and facilitates moisture control that lodge into the skin’s dermis. Due to its antioxidant properties. However, Coconut Oil possesses antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties. It is worthwhile to put on Coconut Oil in the armpits. It does not only destroy harmful fumes producing bacteria but also make a shield over the skin.
Abundant and diversified saturated fatty acids in Coconut Oil are extraordinary in destroying and eradicating fungal infections. Moreover, It is widely used for candidiasis. If Coconut is regularly used, it takes about one week to kill fungi or any other infectious agent. But the tropical application should be continued after that to eradicate the causative agent and prevent the recurrence.
Is coconut oil good for smelly feet?
Coconut Oil kills harmful odour-producing bacteria and fungi due to its antimicrobial properties derived from caprylic acid and linoleic acid content. Coconut Oil is a gift from God, especially in summer to minimize foul odour from the sweaty feet; specifically the soles.
However, Coconut Oil is profitable in every aspect from nutrition and cure to beauty and aesthetics. Finally, as a bit of free advice, I will suggest you always go to natural remedies first before custom-made market products. And Coconut Oil should be in your nutshell of household cabinet or kitchen. Feel free to try Coconut Oil for the sweating from any of the remedies as mentioned earlier. Moreover, share your experiences in the comments.