One of the most embarrassing and prominent flip sides of having oily skin is Blackhead, which keeps popping on the face until it is removed or peeled off. Today I am presented with a most exciting and eye-catching topic for the ladies, especially; that is, Is a Blackhead Mask DIY Effective?
WHAT ARE BLACKHEADS ?
Blackheads are the plugged and obstructed hair follicles that have been blocked with oil, dust, germs, and oxidized melanin through a course of time and appear as small protruding bumps on the surface of the skin.
Dermatologists consider Blackheads as the most common and widespread form of acne. Melatonin hormone from the pineal gland stimulates melanocytes to secret melanin pigment within the skin.
In the presence of excessive sebum, melanin becomes oxidized and aggregates with the oil, dust, and germs to give a cloggy appearance.
IS THIS NECESSARY TO REMOVE BLACKHEADS?
Please don’t make it a habit to squeeze off Blackheads. Blackheads can be removed sometimes but not often in routine practice as it leaves a rendered hole within the skin, which boost its recurrence
IS A BLACKHEAD MASK DIY EFFECTIVE?
BLACKHEAD MASK DIY
Blackhead masks DIY is the do it yourself practice for Blackhead masks application or “Homemade Blackhead Removal Remedies.”
BENEFITS OF DIY BLACKHEAD MASK INGREDIENTS
- Green Tea is used to treat oily skin for exfoliation and clear clogged pores.
- Lemon is an antioxidant, a detoxifying agent, an antiseptic, and an astringent.
- Tea Tree Oil posses anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties.
- Gelatin improves skin elasticity.
- Aloe Vera Gel bears anti-infectious and anti-inflammatory properties. It also acts as a moisturizer and cooling agent.
- Cucumber reduces inflammation and rehydrates the skin. It also soothes acne-prone skin.
- Orange Peel is beneficial to unclog skin pores, reduces inflammation. Moreover, it is vital to care for acne and pimples.
- Egg White is effective in cleaning and closing skin pores and turns fragile skin smooth and tight.
- Egg Yolk is rich in Vit A, which is generally prescribed for acne treatment.
- Milk contains Retinol (anti-aging and antioxidant), Vit D ( anti-aging and anti-inflammatory), and Lactic acid (rejuvenate dead skin cells, anti-aging, and skin cleanser).
- Mint is the potential for cleaning clogged pores, clear dead skin cells. It also re hydrates the skin.
- Honey is itself a natural anti-bacterial and antiseptic remedy. Further, it keeps the skin moist and free from oil.
- Cinnamon is an antioxidant, anti fungal, and anti-bacterial agent. Also, it keeps the skin dry by promoting increased blood flow through the skin.
OTHER BENEFICIAL INGREDIENTS INCLUDES
- Charcoal Powder helps draw out dust, germs, bacteria, impurities, and excess oil through the skin pores. Additionally, it acts as a cleansing agent to reduce acne spurts’ chance.
- Turmeric reduces acne and stimulates the skin healing process.
- Lavender Oil is a natural moisturizer and anti-bacterial tonic. Also, it heals acne, filters the clogged pores, and lightens the scars.
- Gram Flour is well known for controlling excess oil. Moreover, it also contains zinc, which is anti-infectious and subsequently fights against acne.
- Apple Cider Vinegar is known for its anti-inflammatory and protective nature against certain toxic atmospheric elements. It also acts as a toner.
- Sandal Wood Powder works as an anti-bacterial and exfoliating agent and dramatically reduces sunburn and suntan.
- Yogurt is an exceptional dermatological regime for its Lactic acid contents, keeping the dermis moisturized and rejuvenating the epidermis by shrinking and closing the clogged pores.
- Oatmeal is outstanding in absorbing excess oil and creating an anti-inflammatory and anti oxidative base over the damaged and acne skin.
BEST DIY BLACKHEAD REMOVAL MASKS
You can use any one of the following 21 DIY Blackhead Removal Masks that suit your skin and according to the ingredients available in your kitchen. Every Mask has its appropriate components, and every ingredient has its unique characteristics. Always do a patch test over a small skin area before applying to a significant part of the body or face.
A. DIY BLACKHEAD REMOVAL AND CLEANSER GREEN TEA MASK
1) GREEN TEA AND LEMON MASK:
Soak the Green Tea leaves or powder into hot water for a few minutes, then let it cool. Then, pour the Green Tea and add 1-2 tbs lime juice in it. Stir well and apply with a cotton piece. Use 3-4 applications at a time; when first it is dried out. Use once weekly.
2) GREEN TEA TEA TREE OIL, AND LEMON MASK:
Use 1/2 cup steeped Green Tea, 2 tbs Tea Tree Oil, and 1-2 tbs lime juice. Apply a thick layer over the face and leave for 20-30 min. Then, remove with a piece of cotton and rinse with tap water. Do it twice weekly for the desired results.
3) GREEN TEA, GELATIN, AND ALOE VERA MASK:
Take 1tbs Aloe Vera Gel, 1tbs Gelatin powder, and allow the steeped Green Tea to cool. Then, mix all three ingredients and make a runny paste. Put it on the face and leave for 20-30 min before rinsing off. Do it twice a week for good results.
4) GREEN TEA AND CUCUMBER MASK:
Use steeped Green Tea and Cucumber extract or juice. After that, stir well and apply over face and neck for 20-30 min. Rinse off with cold water and apply any neutral based moisturizer as per need.
B. DIY BLACKHEAD REMOVAL PEEL OFF MASK
1) ORANGE PEEL-OFF MASK:
Firstly, let the Orange Peel dries out and makes a powder of it. Prepare a semi-thick paste by mixing it in Raw Milk or water. After that, apply it with a facial brush and leave it for 20-40 min. Finally, remove with a wet cotton piece and rinse with water to clean up the residues.
2) PLAIN EGG WHITE MASK
All you need for this DIY Blackhead Removal Mask is fresh egg white of 1-2 eggs. Put on the egg white with a soft brush over the whole face and neck for at least 20 minutes, can apply a double coating over the prominent Blackhead areas ( Nose, Chin, under eyes, etc.). Peel off after it has become dry. Rinse off with lukewarm water for any residues. Above all, Plain Egg White Mask produces an astonishing effect on the first application and can use twice weekly for more consistent results.
3) EGG WHITE AND LEMON MASK:
Put together an egg white and one lemon extract. Then, apply it to affected areas with cotton dipsticks or face with a brush; for astonishing effects, keep the Mask onto the face for 20 min.
4) GELATIN, MILK, AND EGG YOLK MASK:
Make a thick blend of 1 tbs Gelatin, 1/2 cup Raw Milk, and 1 Egg Yolk. Apply a double layer and wait for 20-30 min until dry. Then, Peel off and rinse with tap water. Use at least twice weekly.
5) GELATIN, MINT, AND LEMON MASK:
Take one small bowl of mint leaves and let them boil in some water or make a blend of Mint leaves. Add 2-3 tbs Gelatin powder into warm water—mix 1 tbs Lime juice into these 2 ingredients. Apply a semi-thick layer over the face and neck and leave until dry. Then rinse with cold water. Use twice weekly for best results.
6) RAW MILK AND HONEY MASK:
Do ready a base of Raw Milk and Honey and put it on affected areas or whole face. Stick cotton chips on to the applied sites. Wait for 30 min. Then Peel off and rinse with water. Apply moisturizer as per need.
7) CINNAMON AND HONEY MASK:
Stir an equal quantity of Honey and Cinnamon and spread over the face with a soft face brush. Wait until dry. After Peel off and rinsing with tap water, apply moisturizer
8) CHARCOAL MASK:
Add activated charcoal powder into water and essential oil (lavender oil or tee tree oil. Prepare a runny paste and apply it to the face and neck. Let it dry. Finally, peel off the Mask and wash out with cold water for residues.
9) LAVENDER OIL AND TURMERIC POWDER MASK:
Firstly, mix both the ingredients to make a semi-thick paste. Apply with a facial brush and leave for 30 min to dry. Rinse with cold water. Use once weekly for desired outcomes.
C. DIY MASK TO REMOVE BLACKHEADS AND SHRINK PORES
1) MILK AND GELATIN POWDER MASK:
Microwave a small cup of Raw Milk and add Gelatin into it to make a runny paste. When it cools down, apply the mixture onto the face and neck with a facial brush and let it dry. Then wash out with cold water. Don’t twice weekly for consistent results.
2) SUGAR AND GRAM FLOUR MASK:
Prepare a semi-liquid puree of sugar and let it cool, then mix it into 1/2 cup of Gram Flour. Make a runny paste and apply on to the face and neck. Leave the Mask until dry. You will feel tightness when it fully dries out. Rinse with tap water. Sugar and Gram flour mask are most effective in summer.
3) DILUTED APPLE VINEGAR AND BAKING SODA MASK:
Mix 2 tbs of Baking Soda into diluted Apple cider vinegar. Make a runny paste and apply onto the face and neck. Let it dry, then rinse with cold water. Use once weekly.
D. DIY BLACKHEAD AND ACNE REMOVAL MASK
1) HONEY, LEMON, AND TURMERIC MASK:
Mix 1tbs of Honey, 1 Lime juice, and 3tbs of Turmeric powder and make a thick paste in a glass bowl. Apply it with cotton and leave until dry. Then Wet a cotton piece and gently remove and rinse with water. Do this at least once a week.
2) OATMEAL, YOGURT, AND HONEY MASK:
Make a thick puree of 1 tbs yogurt, 1tbs raw honey, and 1 tbs Oatmeal. Oatmeal should be soaked for a few minutes into yogurt. Apply the mixture onto the face and neck, then place a face mask paper and let it dry for at least 15 min. Wash it with lukewarm warm water. It is sufficient to apply this DIY Blackhead Face Mask once a week.
3) SANDALWOOD AND TURMERIC POWDER MASK:
Gather all the needed ingredients and blend them in a glass bowl with water, honey, or milk. Make a thick paste and apply it over the face and neck. Use at least once weekly.
4) LAVENDER OIL AND BENTONITE CLAY MASK:
Make a thick mush of Bentonite Clay into the Lavender Oil and smeared it onto the face and neck. Leave it until dry. Furthermore, washout with cool water and apply any day or night face lotion or moisturizer. Additionally, be careful to use Bentonite clay mask in winter as it causes slight dryness.